Reminder: Teachers will only register for the grade level they currently teach. If registration closes, you will follow the link that says “Waiting List” where you will sign up there.
- Kindergarten: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/sc22018kinder
- 1st Grade: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/sc220181stgrade
- 2nd Grade: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/sc220182ndgrade
- 3rd Grade: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/sc220183rdgrade
- 4th Grade: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/sc220184thgrade
- 5th Grade: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/sc220185thgrade
- 6th Grade: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/sc220186thgrade
- 7th Grade: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/sc220187thgrade
- 8th Grade: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/sc220188thgrade
- 9th -12th Grade: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/sc22018highschool
- Waiting List: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/sc22018waitinglist
Scientifically Connected Communities (SC2), based at New Mexico State University, is dedicated to improving the scientific literacy of southern New Mexico students by providing professional development to K-12th grade teachers that emphasizes critical-thinking strategies and pedagogy to enhance scientific inquiry for all students. SC2 collaborates with a network of teachers, scientists, administrators, and district leaders to increase teacher science content knowledge, promote scientific inquiry curriculum, and to provide resources and materials for the classroom.
SC2 Summer Institutes for Teacher Professional Development – 2016
Please see summer institute program to see what we have planned this year!
SC2 and the STEM Outreach Center would like to start a brand new teacher award recognized by the STEM Outreach Center called the Teacher Excellence in STEM Award. To nominate yourself or a peer teacher that is incorporating STEM into their daily practices, send a letter outlining:
- The innovative ways this teacher is using STEM in their classroom
- The impact it has on students, parents and fellow teachers
- The leadership the teacher displays.
The winning teacher will receive a STEM Kit appropriate for their grade level valued at $500.00.
Send your letter to Nicole Delgado – firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for nominations will be ongoing.
For free materials and curriculum, visit the American Physical Society website.
Through a generous donation, educators can receive a free DVD copy of the Christa McAuliffe: Reach for the Stars film. It’s easy and free – just click here and enter the address you want it mailed to.
For more information, please contact